Monday, May 2, 2011

4/30 “Feet of Fury” @ Encino Velodrome – Bob Hansing Memorial Cup #2

I made the trek up to Encino Velodrome for the Bob Hansing Memorial Cup #2 with a few of the Adams Ave. guys. The Santa Ana conditions meant it was hot, dry, and very windy.
Flying 200m: I brought the disk for the 200 and threw on a 48-14 and gave it a go. I ended up with a 12.43 which was good enough for 4th, again a little slower than I was hoping for, but with the wind I was happy to get within 1 hundredth of a second of my PR.
Race #1 – 40 Lap Points (sprints every 10, points go 5-3-2-1): Here is a Video of the event, from 1min to the finish shows the Cat 3/4 Points race. Jack L. was riding in the 3/4s because no one else showed up for the Pro 1/2. He was a good sport and ended up leading out most the sprints and not taking them for himself. But is did seem like he had an allegiance to one really fast Junior Bobby U. The fast juniors, Jack, and one or two others in addition to myself ended up lapping the field. Bobby took the Points race and I came in 2nd Place.  


Race #2 – Match Sprint: I was riding for 3rd against another fast Junior, I led the first few laps around the rail but with 1.5 laps to go I was still going rather slow around the top and didn't react to the jump fast enough so limped in for 4th Place.

  
Race #3 - Miss-N-Out: Jack hit the front early and rode tempo, I stayed near the blue line on a wheel, but out of trouble. As the pack shrunk I moved onto Jacks shoulder and stayed put. I was trying to save a little more and go for the Win, but that proved to be the wrong move as I got out by an inch or two in 3rd Place.

OVERALL: 3rd Place in Cat 3/4 Omnium and got some more Track Cat 2 upgrade points.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment