Friday, April 29, 2011

LAVRA Cup #4

Originally I planned on racing the Cat 3/4 field, but the schedule included not too much racing and there was a gap between the 3/4 and the Pro 1/2/3, so I signed up for both. The only problem was the women's Pro 1/2/3 field that was between my 2 race was combined with mens Pro 1/2/3 due to small fields.

RACE #1 – 50 Lap Points: Having a small mixed field made the racing interesting. The pace was pretty slow and everyone was waiting for the sprints and not pulling through. So I went on the attack and grabbed a few points off the front, I pulled off to recover and there was a counter that I let go and was planning in hitching a ride as they chased it down...oops the forgot the field was small and most everyone was looking at everyone else to pull through. In short I did a lot of work trying to keep the 2 riders off the front from lapping, but everyone else was content racing for 3rd so I ended up 4th place which was a little frustrating considering how much that race hurt. (2 omnium points).


RACE #2 – 15 Lap Tempo: This race started out pretty fast as everyone was trying to pick off points early. I grabbed a few, and shuffled back in the group. Micheal the Jamaican National Team rider was at the front riding it like a miss-n-out, not really pulling off and a few other riders would come over the top. The rotation was not flowing like usual so as he eased on one of the laps I hit it hard and kept it rolling over the top grabbing the next lap and getting a gap. As we learned earlier the group was not very organized and didn't want to work too much so I just put my head down and hoped they would not chase for a measily point on the next lap or the next lap. I ended up finishing the race off the front Winning the Tempo Race! (7 omnium points)

RACE #3 – 15 Lap Scratch: Now I was tied for the lead in the omnium. I rode the Scratch aggressively and tried to get away or get a move up the road. In the end it was a Sprint which I led out for the overall. I was nipped at the line by a few inches. A close sprint and fun race. So 2nd Place in the scratch got me 2nd overall.

RACE #4 - Cat 3/4 Miss-N-Out: I rode if from the front and modulated the throttle keeping the tempo just high enough so I don't get overtaken and boxed in. I make it to the final sprint, but didn't have the kick to take it. 2nd Place (5 omnium points).

OVERALL: 2nd in Pro 1/2/3 Omnium and 4th in Cat 3/4 Omnium after racing one of the 3/4 events. Fun day and got some more upgrade points.

No comments:

Post a Comment