Friday, July 30, 2010

Back In The Water


IMAG0432, originally uploaded by jtenright.

After almost 2 years I actually got off my bike and on my surfboard. Ten years ago I was spending all my free time at the beach surfing at least 5 days a week. For the past 4 years I have probably only surfed a handful of times. Now I am training on the bike five to seven days per week. I have been talking about getting back on my surfboard for about 6 months but finally after racing a ridiculously hot criterium up in Ontario, CA I decided to rush home and dust off the surfboard. I have one word to describe the experience of surfing 11th St. Del Mar for the first time in several years, Amazing! It was like riding my bike (no pun intended), I was a little less consistent but if anything my added leg strength has helped my surfing. After a few more sessions I am sure I can get all the cobwebs out. Natalie was so impressed that she too has committed to getting back on her longboard for the first time on years. I can’t wait to get out in the water again, but the surf report is not looking so good for the next few days…good thing I have my bike :).

No comments:

Post a Comment